Israel takes apartheid a step further
“Young Israeli women volunteering at hospitals in Israel as part of their national service… will no longer be allowed to do night shifts in order to avoid any contact with Arabs,” it said, adding:
The director of Israel’s National Service Administration, Sar-Shalom Jerbi, issued a directive two weeks ago banning any volunteer shifts past 9:00 p.m. “We reached the decision based on concern for our volunteers, and minister [Naftali] Bennett gave his blessing.
[T]he decision was made following a pressure campaign waged by religious Zionist rabbis, among them notorious Kiryat Arba Rabbi Dov Lior (arrested in 2011 for incitement against Arabs and for legitimizing the killing of non-Jews in war time) and the radical Israeli anti-miscegenation organization Lehava. They began the campaign over the last year after hearing reports of “intimate relations” between some of the Palestinian-Arab doctors and the Israeli Jewish volunteers.
It’s high time the civilized world treated the apartheid state of Israel in the same way it did the apartheid state of South Africa: boycott, divestment, sanctions.
- Yet another Israeli rabbi spouts racist poison against Arabs
- Israel’s distressed Knight of Apartheid
- Israel pimps create apartheid alternative to Facebook
- No Jewish-Arab dating please, we’re Israeli racists
- Israel exports racism to South Africa
- Israel introduces apartheid kindergartens
- Hitchhiking in Israel – apartheid-style